Recent Navigation Warnings of China Waters No.99
We have obtained the recent navigation warnings of the China Waters issued by China MSA. Please see the following the free translations by the law firm in Shanghai, China, Sloma & Co.
- Fault Repair on S4 of the APG (Asia Pacific Gateway) in East China Sea
HHH (2020) No. 578
China MSA 15 December 2020
- Work duration: 17 December 2020 – 17 February 2021, day-night operation.
- Work site: water areas of East China Sea bounded by the following six points:
- Work mode: Workboat “BOLD MAVERICK” (Nationality: Panamanian, LOA: 105.8m, molded breadth: 20m) or “CS FU HAI” (LOA: 105.8m, molded breadth: 20m) or “MIRAERO” (Nationality: Korean, LOA: 64.32m, molded breadth: 14.95m) will detect the fault location, salvage and cut off the defective cable, splice, lay and repair the cable, bury and repair the cable along route of S4 of APG in the work site. During the operation, the navigation speed of the workboat is relatively slow.
- The workboat should exhibit lights and shapes as regulated and keep AIS on normally.
- The workboat should strengthen watch on VHF16 and report movement of the vessels and contact with the passing vessels voluntarily and implement security works.
- Passing vessels should keep a safe distance with the workboat, sail cautiously and pay attention to the avoidance.
- The operation should be suspended in case the wind force is greater than 7 or the visibility is less than 1 nautical mile.
- Emergency repair on Submarine Cable in Sea Area of Northwest of Qushan Island
ZHT (2020) No.177
China MSA 21 December 2020
- Work duration: 23 December 2020 – 31 January 2020.
- Work site: nearby waters of northwest of Qushan Island in Zhoushan Sea Area , which is centered by 30°28′28″N、122°11′51″E (2000 National Geodetic Coordinate System) with a radius of 300 meters.
- Workboats and mode: “Jian Lan 1”, “Bo Xiang Gong 9” and “Tong Heng Gong 8” will conduct emergency repair on the submarine cable in the above water area.
- Workboats should display signals in accordance with Regulation on Signal Exhibition in Coastal Port and keep watch on VHF 16 during the work.
- “Long Tao 1”, “Long Tao 2”, “Tong Heng Tuo” and “Tong Heng Gong 6” will conduct guard operations (contact with VHF 16) at the construction site. Any vessel sailing near the above work site should obey the command of the on-site guard ships.
- Announcement on Adjustment of Qinglingyu Anchorage and Yuanyu Anchorage of Wenzhou Port
WHT(2020) No. 53
China MSA 16 December 2020
According to the Overall Plan for Wenzhou Port and Special Plan for Channels and Anchorages of Wenzhou Port, in order to ensure the safety of the navigation, berthing and operation of the vessels, the Qinglingyu Anchorage and Yuanyu Anchorange of Wenzhou Port were adjusted. We now hereby announce relevant matters including the technical parameters of the adjusted Qinglingyu Anchorage and Yuanyi Anchorange of Wenzhou Port as follows:
- Technical Parameter:
- Qinglingyu Anchorage
The natural depth of the anchorage is 6.8m~13.1m. The anchorage covers an area of 4.34km2, the bottom sediment is silt. The anchorage is available for vessel of 3,000 tonnage and below and used for quarantine, pilotage, tide anchorage, waiting berth and its mooring capacity is 15 vessels. The water area is bounded by the following three points:
- Yuanyu Anchorage
The natural depth of the anchorage is 8.1m~20.6m. The anchorage covers an area of 2.6km2, the bottom sediment is silt. The anchorage is available for vessel of 20,000 tonnage and below and used for quarantine, pilotage, tide anchorage, waiting berth and its mooring capacity is 8 vessels. The water area is bounded by the following four points:
- Qinglingyu Anchorage
- Relevant vessels should be familiar with the navigation environment and timely carry out the chart correction operation.
- Vessels sailing, berthing and operating in the anchorage and the nearby water area should strengthen lookout, sail cautiously, keep smooth contact and strictly obey relevant laws, regulations and rules, etc..
- It is forbidden to set, establish facilities or carry out other activities that may obstruct the navigation safety without the approval of maritime administrative authority.
- Announcement on the Newly-established AIS Virtual Navigation Marks at the Landing Place of Hainan Pipeline of CNOCC Gas Pipeline
QSYHT (2020) No.44
China MSA 22 December 2020
- Time: The setting of three AIS Virtual Navigation Marks at the landing place of Hainan Pipeline of CNOCC Gas Pipeline has been completed and the AIS Virtual Navigation Marks will be officially put into use as of LT1200 of 3 January 2021.
- Navigation Mark No.: HK2020112401; Location: 17°30′29.70″N/109°01′13.70″E; Name: YA CHENG GUAN DAO 1; MMSI: 994126601.
- Navigation Mark No.: HK2020112402; Name: Location: 18°14′57.30″N/109°06′21.90″E; Name: YA CHENG GUAN DAO 2; MMSI: 994126602.
- Navigation Mark No.: HK2020112403; Name: Location: 18°18′08.40″N/109°08′34.00″E; Name: YA CHENG GUAN DAO 3; MMSI: 994126603.
- Cautions: Passing vessels should pay attention.
Please be advised that all the above navigation warnings were the important pieces selected from the official website of MSA China or that of other local MSAs. Sloma shall not be liable for the veracity of the above navigation warnings or the accuracy of their English and Japanese translations. Neither shall Sloma be liable for any person’s/party’s possible losses/damage which may result from relying upon the above navigation warnings.
Sloma & Co.
24 December 2020
For further information, please click here.
Most read News
- Nord Stream 2 and TurkStream－Update on New US Sanctions (No.2)
- Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)－Enhanced Quarantine Measures in Korea (No.6)