All vessels: at 10 years old and over
- All vessels except the following (2)~(5): at 15 years old and over
- Any vessels suffering two or more similar accidents due to unseaworthiness, regardless of age
- Any chemical tankersand any reefer vessels: at 10 years old and over
Any tankers which have carried Heavy Fuel Oil (HFO) as cargo within the last 12 months: at 10 years old
and over, except the following a.~c.
- the vessel has undergone our Condition Survey within the last 12 months; or
- the vessel has undergone a special survey by a Classification Society within the last 6 months; or
- the vessel has a current CAP 1 or CAP 2 rating issued by an IACS classification society.
- Whenever the Ship Management Company changes: All vessels at 10 years old and over
All vessels surveyed under 1. and 2.: Every 5 years
- chemical tanker with coated tanks, methanol tanker, product tanker, sulphuric acid tanker, molasses tanker, clean tanker, ore/chemical carrier
- reefer, cold-storage/oil carrier
One or two surveyors of the Association’s designated organisation will conduct a Condition Survey in accordance with the Association’s requirements, focusing on: certificates/ documentation; maintenance; navigation plans; lifesaving appliances; fire control plans; seaworthiness; cargo-worthiness and; other aspects depending on the vessels’ types and their special characteristics. A Condition Survey takes between half a day and 2 days at most without causing any delays to the vessel. Our requirements include a weather-tightness test for hatch covers, and the internal inspection of cargo holds/tanks; therefore, it is impossible to accomplish them all without the presence of crew. Upon completion of the survey, the surveyor will brief the Master on recommendations, if necessary.
In addition to our criteria stated above, we carry out surveys on vessels deemed necessary by the Association, regardless of age or vessel type.
It is our intention to carry out the Condition Survey prior to entry with the Association. If this cannot be achieved, we shall carry out the Condition Survey within 30 days of the date of entry.
Condition Survey Forms for Each Type of Vessel
Condition Survey Forms for P&I entries, including Surveyor’s instructions, have been prepared by the International Group of P&I Clubs.
Bulk, General Cargo and Other
Download ZIP 2,348KB
Download ZIP 2,344KB
Download ZIP 2,365KB
Download ZIP 2,347KB
Download ZIP 2,398KB
Download ZIP 2,323KB
Download ZIP 3,259KB
Download ZIP 4,321KB
Download ZIP 2,440KB
Download ZIP 4,239KB
Download ZIP 2,543KB
Download ZIP 2,509KB
Download ZIP 2,505KB
Instructions to Surveyors for completing the survey form
Download PDF 278KB