Recent Navigation Warnings of China Waters No.102
We have obtained the recent navigation warnings of the China Waters issued by China MSA. Please see the following the free translations by the law firm in Shanghai, China, Sloma & Co.
- Announcement on Close of Partial Area of Bohai Sea Area
LHT (2021) No. 47
China MSA 22 March 2021
Relevant units and vessels,
According to the application filed by Chinese People’s Liberation Army, sea areas centered by 39°50′48″N/121°10′02″E, with a radius of 5 km will be closed for security from LT1700 of 24 March 2021 to LT1700 of 30 April 2021, during which all the vessels and personnel are forbidden to enter. During certain time period, the range of the closed sea will be extended to the waters centered by 39°50′48″N/121°10′02″E, with a radius of 8 km.
- Announcement on Geological Exploration Construction of the 2nd Undersea Tunnel Engineering of Kiaochow Bay (No.3 and No.6 Sea Area)
LHT (2021) No.61
China MSA 2 March 2021
- Work duration: 2 March 2021 – 30 June 2021, day-night operation.
- Work unit: China Railway Major Bridge Reconnaissance & Design Institute Co., Ltd.
- Work boat: “Zhe Pu Gong 2021”, “Zhe Pu Gong 2015” and “Guo Liang 37”.
- Work site:
(I) No.3 Sea Area: water areas bounded by
(1) 36°06′29.1″N / 120°18′35.7″E;
(2) 36°06′17.4″N / 120°18′57.2″E;
(3) 36°05′23.9″N / 120°18′22.1″E;
(4) 36°05′19.4″N / 120°17′52.0″E;
(II) No. 6 Sea Area: water areas bounded by
(5) 36°03′19.0″N / 120°14′32.3″E;
(6) 36°02′57.9″N / 120°14′41.1″E;
(7) 36°02′53.0″N / 120°14′02.5″E;
(8) 36°03′15.0″N / 120°14′02.9″E.
- Work mode: Geological Exploration Construction of the 2nd Undersea Tunnel Engineering of Kiaochow Bay
- Work boats should exhibit and display corresponding signals in accordance with relevant regulations, strengthen duties, keep watch on VHF08 and timely contact the passing vessels for the safety matters.
- Vessels are forbidden to enter the waters centered by the work boats, with a radius of 200 meters. Passing vessels should strengthen lookout, pay attention to recognizing the signals, keep a safe distance, sail cautiously, pass-by slowly and strengthen contact with the work boats for the safety matters.
- The work unit should strengthen management on the work boats, remind the passing vessels of the avoidance timely to ensure the safety.
- Notice to Mariners of Zhuhai MSA on the Construction of Laying of Submarine Optical Cables of Hainan - Hong Kong International Submarine Cable (Section within Jurisdiction of Zhuhai MSA)
ZHT(2021) No. 20
China MSA 9 March 2021
- Work Duration: 9 March 2021 – 30 September 2021.
- Work Site: waters of Pearl River Estuary of South China Sea within around 500 meters from both sides of the areas bounded by the following points of position approximate:
- Work Mode:
Huawei Marine Network Co., Ltd. will use “Fu Hai” and “Tian Yi Hai Gong” to carry out submarine optical cables laying operation in the above work site.
- The work boats should display corresponding signals as regulated. Vessels passing the work site and nearby waters should strengthen lookout, sail cautiously, keep a sufficient safe distance with the work boats to pass-by and contact with the work boats via VHF16 when necessary for the safety matters.
- This Notice can be found in the Column - “Notice to Mariners” in www.msa.gov.cn. Contact number/fax: 0756-3370797/3371737. Attachment: Schematic Diagram of Route of Submarine Optical Cables
- Announcement on “Lvda 6-2” Oil Field Engineering Project (Laying of Pipeline Cable)
LHT(2021) No. 50
China MSA 23 March 2021
- Work Duration: 25 March 2021 – 31 August 2021.
- Work Site: water areas centered by Point A （39°57′59.206″N/120°49′39.400″E）and Point B（39°53′02.083″N/120°58′26.827″E）respectively in a radius of 1nm and the waters within 1nm from both sides of the line connected by Point A and Point B.
- Work Unit: Offshore Oil Engineering Co., Ltd.
- Work Boat: “Hui Zhong 301”, “De Hao”, “Ju Li”, “Da Li Hao”, “Hai Jian 52”, “Hai Jian 56”, “Hai Gong 102”, “Hai Gong 121”, “Hai Gong 122”, “Ya Zhou No.18” and “Kun Run No.3”.
- The work boats should exhibit and display corresponding signals as regulated, strengthen lookout, keep watch on VHF, duty and keep contact with the passing vessels.
- The work unit should arrange special guard ships and implement security works on the site for the safety matters;
- The work unit should implement anti-pollution measures to prevent polluting the sea environment;
- The work unit should report the construction progress and schedule to maritime department on time;
- The work unit should pay attention to receiving weather information, suspend the operation timely and return to harbor for taking shelter in case of bad weather;
- To ensure the seaworthiness of the vessels and competency of the seafarers.
Please be advised that all the above navigation warnings were the important pieces selected from the official website of MSA China or that of other local MSAs. Sloma shall not be liable for the veracity of the above navigation warnings or the accuracy of their English and Japanese translations. Neither shall Sloma be liable for any person’s/party’s possible losses/damage which may result from relying upon the above navigation warnings.
Sloma & Co.
29 March 2021