Recent Navigation Warnings of China Waters No.80
We have obtained the recent navigation warnings of the China Waters issued by China MSA. Please see the following the free translations by the law firm in Shanghai, China, Sloma & Co.
- Exploratory drilling operation on Platform “Zhong You Hai 33” in Yingkou water areas
China MSA 3 April 2019
- Work duration: 4 April 2019 – 30 June 2019, day-night operation.
- Work unit: CNPC OFFSHORE ENGINEERING COMPANY LIMITED
- Work platform: “Zhong You Hai 33”
- Work site: circular water areas centered by Well“Yue Tan 1” (40°39′.65N/121°43′.69E), with a radius of 150m.
- “Zhong You Hai 33” shall display lights and shapes according to relevant rules.
- “Zhong You Hai 33” shall assign specific personnel for watch and lookout, keep watch on VHF69 and keep AIS open round the clock and strengthen contact with the passing vessels.
- “Zhong You Hai 33” should timely report the operation, navigation and avoidance dynamics to VTS Center of Yingkou MSA (VHF69).
- In case that the construction requirements could not be met due to bad weather and sea conditions, “Zhong You Hai 33” should halt the operation immediately and report the movements to VTS Center of Yingkou MSA.
- Irrelevant vessels are forbidden to enter into the work site during the work duration. If it is necessary to pass the work site, the vessels should report to VTS Center of Yingkou MSA in advance and contact the workboat for the avoidance matters in advance and pass-by slowly after confirming that it is safe. Meanwhile, passing vessels should strengthen lookout and sail cautiously for the safety matters.
- Announcement on the well exploration operation of Well BZ13-2-4
LHT (2019) No.140
China MSA 21 May 2019
- Work duration: 23 May 2019 – 30 June 2019.
- Work unit: China National Offshore Oil Corporation, Tianjin Branch
- Work boat: “Kan Tan No.6”, “Hai Yang Shi You 648”, “Hai Yang Shi You 649”, “Min Sheng 001”, “Min Sheng 006”, “Bin Hai 285”, “Bin Hai 286” and “Bin Hai 287”.
- Work areas: Well drilling operation centered by 38°29′29.833″N/118°59′12.074″E, with a radius of 1000 meters.
- During the work period, the workboats and work facilities should display operation signals in accordance as regulated, equip effective communication device and assign specific personnel to keep watch.
- Workboats should strengthen lookout and guard, pay attention to the movements of the passing vessels, take the initiative to contact the passing vessels and remind them of taking safety measures in early stage.
- Workboats should timely receive meteorological information and make corresponding arrangements based on the change of weather conditions and sea conditions.
- Workboats should timely report the work progress and schedules to Dongying MSA and be subject to their supervision.
- Workboats should timely report the movements of the vessels after the work completes.
- Fault emergency repair on Section S1.1 of the NCP submarine optical fiber cables in Changjiang Estuary
HHH (2019) No. 208
China MSA 21 May 2019
- Work duration: 1 June 2019 – 31 August 2019, day-night operation.
- Work site: water areas in Changjiang Estuary, bounded by the following four points:
- A: 31°48.8157′N/122°55.4870′E;
- B: 31°48.7981′N/124°01.3588′E;
- C: 31°46.6738′N/124°01.3759′E;
- D: 31°46.6913′N/122°55.4896′E.
- Work mode: workboat M/V “MIRAERO” (Korean vessel) (LOA: 64.32m, molded breadth: 14.95m) or M/V “RESOLUTE” (registered in Marshall Islands) (LOA: 125.67m, molded breadth: 21m) will conduct fault emergency repair operation along NCP submarine optical fiber cable (Section S1.1 of the TPE) in the work site. The operation will be conducted in the following order: detect the fault location, salvage, cut off the defective cable, splice, lay and repair the cable, bury and repair the cable. The navigation speed of the workboat is relatively slow during the operation.
- Workboat should exhibit regulated lights and shapes in obvious places and keep AIS normally open.
- Workboat should strengthen watch on VHF16, improve the dynamic notification and keep proper lookout.
- Guard ships should strengthen security watch and remind the passing vessels of paying attention.
- Passing vessels should keep a safety distance with the workboat when passing, sail cautiously and pay attention to the avoidance.
- The operation should be suspended when the force of wind is over the scale of 7 or the visibility is under 1nm.
- Geological exploration operation of Taoyaomen water areas of Zhoushan sea area
ZHH (2019) No.65
China MSA 30 April 2019
- Work duration: 2 May 2019 – 27 June 2019.
- Work site: at the vicinity of northwest side of Cezi Island of Zhoushan sea area, which is the water area bounded by the following coordinates:
- 1. 30°06′11.7″N/121°57′25.5″E;
- 2. 30°06′10.3″N/121°57′32.5″E;
- 3. 30°05′59.0″N/121°57′25.2″E;
- 4. 30°06′00.4″N/121°57′20.6″E
- Work mode and boats: “Hai Ji 8” will conduct geological exploration in the above water areas and drop horoscopes anchors at the bow and stern of the boat, each anchor chain is 300 meters in length.
- Workboat should display signals as regulated and keep clear communication on VHF 16 and VHF11.
- Irrelevant vessels are forbidden to enter into the work site.
- “Kai Xuan Tuo 1” (contact with VHF16) will perform security duties on site, any vessels sailing near the above work site should obey the command of the onsite guard ships.
Please be advised that all the above navigation warnings were the important pieces selected from the official website of MSA China or that of other local MSAs. Sloma shall not be liable for the veracity of the above navigation warnings or the accuracy of their English translations. Neither shall Sloma be liable for any person’s/party’s possible losses/damage which may result from relying upon the above navigation warnings.
Sloma & Co.
24 May 2019
For further information, please click here.
Most read News
- Attacks to Vessels Passing Gulf of Oman
- Status of Maritime Conventions (as of 1st June 2019)