Recent Navigation Warnings of China Waters No.120
We have obtained the recent navigation warnings of the China Waters issued by China MSA. Please see the following the free translations by the law firm in Shanghai, China, Sloma & Co.
- Laying Operation of the 110KV Cable Between Daqu and Shengsi (Maguan) of Zhoushan of East China Sea Crossing Yangshan Main Channel
HHT (2022) No.539
China MSA 21 September 2022
- Work duration: 22 September 2022 – 31 December 2022, round-the-clock operation.
- Waters in Shanghai International Shipping Center Yangshan Deepwater Port, bounded by 30°31′42.76″N/122°22′26.23″E and 30°32′08.34″N/122°22′51.57″E within a range of 300 meters from both sides.
- Work mode: New laying operation of 110KV submarine cable. The workboats, “Long Tao 1”, “Long Tao 2”, “Tong Heng Tuo 6001”, “Qi Fan 9”, “Kang Nuo Hai Dian 7”, “Tong Heng Gong 8”, “Man Yang 208”, “Man Yang 08”, “Man Yang 5011”, “Jin Dong Hai No.6”, “Chang Jiu Tuo 5001”, “Teng Feng 15”, “Man Yang 09”, “Man Yang 2004”, “Yong Wang 517”, “Man Yang 16” will carry out the laying operation along the cable route. The navigation speed of the workboats will be relatively slow during the operation.
- Workboats should display lights and shapes as regulated and keep AIS normally open.
- Workboats should keep watch on VHF16, strengthen notification of movement and securities.
- Vessels passing the work site should sail cautiously and pay attention to the avoidance.
- Irrelevant vessels are forbidden to enter the waters centered by the workboats with an area of 1000m×600m for navigation, berthing and operation.
- Workboats should obey the on-site management of the Yangshan VTS and maritime patrol ships.
- The operation should be suspended and the channel should be vacated when the force of wind is over the scale of 7 or the visual range is less than 1nm.
- Announcement on Official Operation of Putian VTS System
MHSPH (2022) No.26
China MSA 15 September 2022
Putian VTS was officially put into operation as of 1 July 2021, relevant issues are hereby announced as follows:
- Area Coverage:
Navigable waters enclosed by the reporting line of Luci Island, reporting line of Aiyu and shoreline of the islands. Reporting line of Luci Island: bounded by Jianyu (25°09′43″N/119°16′30″E), Luci Island (25°07′06″N/119°22′03″E) and Yangyu (25°09′29″N/119°31′05″E).
Reporting Line of Aiyu: bounded by (25°16′14″N/119°34′24″E), light beacon of Aiyu (25°20′47.1″N/119°22′03.9″) and (25°18′51″N/119°18′11″).
- VHF channel:
Putian VTS’s official channel is VHF CH 12. The vessels should call Putian VTS Center and keep watch on VHF 12.
- Applicable vessels:
- International navigation ships;
- Passenger vessels whose passenger quota exceeds 50 (except ferry);
- Vessels carrying dangerous cargo;
- Vessels restricted in her ability to maneuver;
- Chinese vessels of 300 gross tons or above;
- Other vessels could volunteer to participate in report of vessel’s movement.
- Other matters can be found in VTS Service Directory of Fujian MSA (Circular No.4 of 2021).
- 3d Seismic Data Acquisition Project of Xijiang 30 Work Area in 2022
YHT  No.115
China MSA 19 September 2022
- Work duration: 20 September 2022 – 10 December 2022
- Work site: sea area bounded by the following 4 points:
A）21°44.95′N / 114°45.23′E;
B）21°33.47′N / 115°25.63′E;
C）20°58.55′N / 115°14.50′E;
D）21°10.57′N / 114°32.83′E
- Work boat: “Hai Yang Shi You 760”.
- During the operation, the workboat will tow 6 solid cables whose length is about 7,050m with sinking depth of 12m. There is an orange red steel tail buoy at the tail of each cable which will flash white light at night. The navigation speed is about 4.6 knots.
- The workboat will display regulated lights and shapes in obvious places and keep AIS normally open.
- The workboat should strengthen watch on VHF CH16/CH72 and contact the passing vessels timely.
- Passing vessels should strengthen lookout, pay attention to the avoidance and are forbidden to cross the cable area.
- The Navigation Warning [YHT (2022) No.100] will be abolished.
- Announcement on Drilling Operation by “Hai Yang Shi You 944” on “Platform LD22-1”
QSYHT (2022) No.50
China MSA 15 September 2022
- Work duration: 17 September 2022 – 20 January 2023.
- Work boat:
Drilling platform “Hai Yang Shi You 944”;
Guard ships: “Nan Hai Jiu 117” and “Hai Yang Shi You 685”.
- Safe operation zone:
Circular waters bounded by 17°33′16.36″N/108°35′31.69″E, with a radius of 1nm.
- Work mode: offshore drilling operation.
- The drilling platform should display signals as regulated. The signals will flash around the hull at night and there is a red flash light at the top of the derrick.
- The workboats should be contacted via VHF16/VHF8.
- Passing vessels should strengthen lookout, pay attention to the avoidance, avoid passing the safe operation zone for the safety matters.
- It won’t be further notified if the operation is completed in advance.
Please be advised that all the above navigation warnings were the important pieces selected from the official website of MSA China or that of other local MSAs. Sloma shall not be liable for the veracity of the above navigation warnings or the accuracy of their English and Japanese translations. Neither shall Sloma be liable for any person’s/party’s possible losses/damage which may result from relying upon the above navigation warnings.
Sloma & Co.
27 September 2022
For further information, please click here.
Most read News
- Recent Navigation Warnings of China Waters No.119
- Status of Maritime Conventions (as of 1 October 2022)