Recent Navigation Warnings of China Waters No.107
We have obtained the recent navigation warnings of the China Waters issued by China MSA. Please see the following the free translations by the law firm in Shanghai, China, Sloma & Co.
- Announcement on Work Platform “Lv Da 29-1 WHPA”
LHT (2021) No.166
China MSA 7 August 2021
- Work duration: 7 August 2021 – 15 January 2022.
- Work unit: China National Offshore Oil Corporation, Tianjin Branch
- Work site: waters centered by 39°20′23.791″N/120°41′11.839″E, with a radius of 500 meters.
- Workboat: “Min Long 6002”, “Min Sheng 006”, “Ji Hai 8006” and “Bo Hai No.4”.
- The workboats should exhibit and display corresponding signals in accordance with relevant regulations, strengthen duties, keep watch on VHF and keep contact with the passing vessels;
- The work unit should implement the relevant anti-pollution measures and prevent the sea environment from being polluted;
- The workboats should timely report to the maritime department during the operation;
- The work unit should pay attention to receiving meteorological information and timely suspend the operation in case of bad weather;
- The vessels should be maintained seaworthy and the crew should be competent.
- Subsea Pipeline Laying Operation of Phase I of “Lv Da 5-2” of North of Bohai
LHT (2021) No.172
China MSA 12 August 2021
- Work duration: 12 August 2021 – 30 September 2021, day-night operation.
- Work unit: Huaxicun Offshore Engineering Service Co., Ltd
- Workboats: “Hua Xi 1”, “Sheng Li 252”, Sheng Li 616“, “Hua Xi 900”, “Hua Wu” and “Da Hai Gang Wan 67”.
- Work site: enclosed water area bounded by the following 4 points in order:
- Workboats should display lights and shapes as regulated.
- Workboats should dispatch designated person for in charge of duties and lookout, keep watch on VHF16 around the clock, keep AIS normally open and strengthen contact with the passing vessels.
- Workboats should report the movement of the operation, navigation and avoidance to the VTS of Yingkou MSA (VHF69) timely.
- Workboats should stop the operation immediately and take shelter from the wind in safe water and report the movement to VTS of Yingkou MSA timely in bad weather conditions or when the sea conditions could not meet the requirements of the construction.
- Irrelevant vessels are forbidden to enter into the work site during the work period. Vessels passing the work site should contact the workboats in advance to coordinate the avoidance matters and pass by slowly in confirmation of the safety and strengthen look out and sail cautiously for the safety matters in the meantime.
- Construction on Submarine Optical Cable of Dachen Island
THT (2021) No.48
China MSA 9 August 2021
- Work duration: 10 August 2021 – 9 October 2021, irregular day-night operation.
- Work site: sea area between Jinqing to Shangdachen Island and sea area between Shangdachen Island and Xiadachen Island, i.e. waters within a range of 300 meters from both sides of the area bounded by the following 16 points:
- Work mode: The work boat, “Feng Yang Hai Gong” (length of ship: 57.6m, breadth of ship: 22m) will carry out submarine optical cable laying operation in the above water area at the navigational speed of 0.3knot and will occupy a rectangle water area centered by the work boat, covering an area of about 600m x 900m. “Jie Yang 102”, “Zhe Jiao Gong Ji 9” and “Zhe Lu Jiao 6” will conduct supporting operation and guard work on site.
- The work unit should implement the safety and anti-pollution measures such as on-site security and guard work, the operation should be timely suspended in case of bad weather such as gale.
- The workboats should display regulated lights and shapes day and night in obvious places, strengthen duty and lookout and keep watch on VHF16, report the operation movement voluntarily and take emergency measures when necessary.
- Vessels passing the nearby waters should strengthen duty, lookout and communications, keep a safe distance with the workboats and pass slowly and obey the command of the on-site guard ships.
- Announcement on Delimiting the Temporary Safe Operation Zone for the Protection Project of Submarine Cable and Submarine Pipeline of Wellblock 3 of “Penglai 25-6” Oil field
China MSA 5 August 2021
- Work duration: 6 August 2021 – 30 September 2021.
- Work site: the following water area is delimited as the temporary safe operation zone for the protection project of submarine cable and submarine pipeline of Wellblock 3 of“Penglai 25-6”Oil field:
A) Circular waters centered by 38°23′18″N，120°06′56″E, with a radius of 1,200 meters;
B) Circular waters centered by 38°20′47″N，120°08′11″E, with a radius of 1,200 meters;
C) Circular waters centered by 38°22′09″N，120°06′48″E, with a radius of 1,200 meters;
D) Circular waters centered by 38°24′13″N，120°06′07″E, with a radius of 1,200 meters;
E) Circular waters centered by 38°21′39″N，120°05′37″E, with a radius of 1,200 meters;
F) Circular waters centered by 38°22′40″N，120°06′00″E, with a radius of 1,200 meters;
G) Circular waters centered by 38°22′07″N，120°05′19″E, with a radius of 1,200 meters.
- Work content：”Hong Yun 218”, Hua Hai Gong 07”and“Hai Yang Shi You 791”will carry out protection operation on the submarine cable and submarine pipeline.
- The workboats should operate in 7 temporary safe operation zones in sequence and irrelevant vessels are forbidden to enter the temporary safe operation zones. In case any vessel indeed needs to enter the temporary safe operation zones, she should contact the workboats for coordination in advance and timely avoids the workboats;
- The workboats should display signals as regulated, strengthen lookout, enhance the implementation of responsibility system of maritime traffic safety and prepare for the bad weather.
Please be advised that all the above navigation warnings were the important pieces selected from the official website of MSA China or that of other local MSAs. Sloma shall not be liable for the veracity of the above navigation warnings or the accuracy of their English and Japanese translations. Neither shall Sloma be liable for any person’s/party’s possible losses/damage which may result from relying upon the above navigation warnings.
Sloma & Co.
24 August 2021
For further information, please click here.