Recent Navigation Warnings of China Waters No.106
We have obtained the recent navigation warnings of the China Waters issued by China MSA. Please see the following the free translations by the law firm in Shanghai, China, Sloma & Co.
- Dent Repair Project for Terminal Natural Gas Submarine Pipeline between Jinzhou 25-1 and Yingkou
LHT(2021) No. 146
China MSA 8 July 2021
- Work Duration: 10 July 2021 – 30 September 2021, day-night operation.
- Work Unit: Offshore Oil Engineering Co., Ltd.
- Work Boat: “Da Li Hao”, “Lian He Hai Gong 5002”, “Qing Yu”, “Cheng Yang 88” and “Hai Run Zhi Xing 6”.
- Work Site: circular water areas centered by 40°06′20.3″N / 121°24′02.5″E, with a radius of 1nm.
- The work boats should display lights and shapes as regulated.
- The work boats should designate special personnel for duty and lookout, keep watch on VHF16 and keep AIS open around the clock and strengthen contact with the passing vessels.
- The work boats should timely report the construction, navigation and avoidance movements of the vessel to VTS of Yingkou MSA (VHF69).
- In case of bad weather or the sea conditions could not meet the construction requirements, the work boats should timely suspend the construction and take shelter in safe water area and timely report the movement of the vessel to VTS of Yingkou MSA.
- Irrelevant vessels are forbidden to enter the work site during the work period. In case any vessel does have to pass the work site, she should contact the work boats in advance for the avoidance matter and could only pass-by slowly upon confirmation of safety. In the meantime, she should strengthen lookout and sail cautiously for the safety matters.
- Underwater Oil Pumping and Integral Salvage Operation of the Sunken Ship “Zhong Hai 02”
China MSA 16 July 2021
- Work duration: 23 July 2021 – 30 September 2021.
- Work site: circular water areas centered by 32°13.197N/122°03.738E, with a radius of 800 meters.
- Work boat: “Dong Nan Qi No.12”.
- Work mode: underwater Oil Pumping and Integral Salvage Operation of the Sunken Ship “Zhong Hai 02”. The engineering ship will drop anchor for positioning, adopt “five-point” anchoring method and set up anchor buoys, carry out underwater exploration, lay oil containment boom, carry out underwater oil pumping, prevent and control oil pollution of the water surface, underwater threading and cooperate with the floating crane shackle.
- The work boats should exhibit operation signals in obvious places, display visible signs at day and flash lights at night towards where the anchor chains enter the waters and keep AIS normally open.
- The work boats should strengthen watch on VHF06 and the report of movement, keep proper lookout and contact the passing vessels voluntarily.
- Vessels passing the work site should keep a safe distance with the work boats and sail cautiously.
- The operation should be suspended when the force of wind is greater than the scale of 6 or the visibility is under 1000m.
- Investigation of Submarine Pipeline Route of the West Lake of the East China Sea
YHT (2021) No.227
China MSA 5 July 2021
- Work duration: 8 July 2021 – 31 August 2021, daytime operation.
- Work site: waters of northeastward Nanjiu Mountain of coastal area of Xiangshan, Ningbo, bounded by the following 9 points in order (2000 National Geodetic Coordinate System):
- Work mode: work boat “Hai Yan 6” will tow equipment including side sonar probe in the length of 100 meters at stern in the work site to carry out investigation operation on submarine pipeline route.
- The workboat should implement each safety and anti-pollution measure, display regulated lights and shapes in obvious places, strengthen duty and lookout and keep watch on VHF16, coordinate the avoidance timely in traffic-intensive area and take safety measures if necessary.
- The operations should be suspended in case of bad weather such as strong wind.
- Passing vessels should strengthen lookout and contact, avoid passing in a close distance with the stern of “Hai Yan 6” and keep a sufficient safety distance with the workboat.
- Onsite contact number: 13020161321,18061161822.
- Announcement on 35kV Submarine Cable Laying Operation of Project A of Changle Open Sea Offshore Wind Plant
China MSA 19 July 2021
- Work duration: 26 July 2021 – 31 October 2021.
- Work site: water areas bounded by the following 4 points:
A) 25°45′09.71″ N/119°57′41.58″ E
B) 25°48′16.20″ N/119°56′57.69″ E
C) 25°48′16.23″ N/120°02′13.03″ E
D) 25°44′01.63″ N/119°59′50.88″ E
- Work boat: “Zhong Ren 3502” and “Gang Jian Tuo 6001”.
- Work content：35kV Submarine Cable Laying Operation of Project A of Changle Open Sea Offshore Wind Plant.
- Coordinate System: 2000 National Geodetic Coordinate System (equal to the World Geodetic System WGS-84 in navigational purposes).
- Passing vessels should strengthen contact with the workboats through effective communication methods such as VHF;
- Passing vessels should timely amend the sea chart and mark the work sites on the same;
- Passing vessels should ensure the seaworthiness of the vessels and the competency of the crew and strengthen duties;
- Navigating crew should use safe speed and sail cautiously.
Please be advised that all the above navigation warnings were the important pieces selected from the official website of MSA China or that of other local MSAs. Sloma shall not be liable for the veracity of the above navigation warnings or the accuracy of their English and Japanese translations. Neither shall Sloma be liable for any person’s/party’s possible losses/damage which may result from relying upon the above navigation warnings.
Sloma & Co.
28 July 2021
For further information, please click here.
Most read News
- Collision between Merchant and Fishing Vessels in Chinese Waters－Features and Loss Prevention Suggestions
- Status of Maritime Conventions (as of 1 August 2021)