China – Adjustment of Annual Summer Fishing Ban Regime
Members are kindly requested to refer to the previous Japan P&I News No.960 regarding Navigation Warning after the fishing ban in Chinese Water. In 2020 year, there's no announcement of Ministry of Agriculture on adjustment of annual summer fishing ban regime. On the other hand, Huatai Insurance Agency & Consultant Service Ltd., our correspondent in Beijing, China advised that one document (PNI09) was issued on 12 August 2020 regarding the advisory on navigation in Fishing Areas in/around Ningbo-Zhoushan Port to prevent the collision incidents. This document calls attention to know characteristics of the fishing boats.
The fishing ban period of 2020 at Bohai Sea, Yellow Sea, East Sea & the north of north latitude 12° of the South China Sea (inclusive of Beibu Gulf) are listed below:
- The North of north latitude 35°of the Bohai Sea and the Yellow Sea: from 1200hrs on May 1 to 1200hrs on September 1.
- The Yellow Sea and the East Sea between north latitude 35°~26°30'30': from 1200hrs on May 1 to 1200hrs on September 16.
- The East Sea from north latitude 26°30' to the Boundary between Fujian and Guangdong: from 1200hrs on May 1 to 1200hrs on August 16.
- The fishing ban period for the fishing boat with several operating types, inclusive of trawlers using spar drag method for shrimp, pots cast method, gill nets method and lighting enclosure (cladding) net method, stretch net fishing and dustpan net fishing at the above a. and b. sea area is from 1200hrs on May 1 to 1200hrs on August 1.
- The South China Sea from north latitude 12° to the Boundary between Fujian and Guangdong (inclusive of Beibu Gulf ): from 1200hrs on May 1 to 1200hrs on August 16.
We wish you a pleasant voyage.
For further information, please click here.
Most read News
- Sudan – Alert to the vessels calling at the Port Sudan
- Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)－Singapore updated requirements for crew change for cargo ships (No.2)