Recent Navigation Warnings of China Waters No.90
We have obtained the recent navigation warnings of the China Waters issued by China MSA. Please see the following the free translations by the law firm in Shanghai, China, Sloma & Co.
- Fault Emergency Repair on S3 of the NCP International Submarine Cable
HHH (2020) No.76
China MSA 13 March 2020
- Work duration: 15 March 2020 – 14 June 2020, day-night operation.
- Work site: sea area bounded by the following ten points in the East China Sea:
A:30°57.13′ N/122°41.49′ E;
B:30°58.76′ N/122°49.64′ E;
C:30°55.28′ N/123°09.09′ E;
D:30°56.56′ N/123°17.64′ E;
E:30°59.55′ N/123°22.96′ E;
F:30°58.09′ N/123°23.85′ E;
G:30°54.74′ N/123°18.21′ E;
H:30°53.71′ N/123°11.12′ E;
I;30°56.87′ N/122°49.60′ E;
J: 30°55.31′ N/122°41.91′ E.
- Work mode: work boat “KDDI OCEAN LINK” (Chinese name: 海联; Nationality: Japanese; LOA: 133.2m; Molded breadth: 19.6m) will detect the fault location, salvage and cut off the defective cable, splice, lay and repair the cable, bury and repair the cable along route of S3 of the NCP International Submarine Cable in the work site. During the operation, the navigation speed of the work boat is relatively slow.
- The work boat should exhibit regulated lights and shapes, when dropping anchors, display visible signs at day and flash lights at night towards where the anchor chains enter the waters and keep AIS normally open.
- The work boat should strengthen watch on VHF16, improve the dynamic notification and take the initiative to contact the passing vessels.
- Vessels passing the work site should keep a distance of more than 500 meters with the work boat, sail cautiously and pay attention to the avoidance.
- Irrelevant vessels should not drop anchors and carry out operations in the work site without permission.
- The operation should be suspended when the force of wind is over the scale of 7 or the visibility is under 1nm.
- Announcement on the Well Exploration Operation of Well CFD16-4-1
JHT (2020) No.10
China MSA 28 February 2020
- Work duration: 28 February 2020 – 30 April 2020.
- Work mode: well exploration operation on Well CFD16-4-1.
- Work site: water areas centered by Well CFD16-4-1 (38°39′45.703″N/118°36′54.187″E), with a radius of 500 meters.
- Work boat: Drilling Platform “Bo Hai No.9”, “Hai Yang Shi You 677”, “Hai Yang Shi You 635”, “Hai Yang Shi You 230”, “Hai Yang Shi You 231”, “Hai Yang Shi You 621”, “Hai Yang Shi You 646”, “Min Sheng 001”, “Hai Yang Shi You 688”, “An Quan Zhou 77”, “Ji Hai 8001”, “Ji Hai 8006”, “Tian Ze 806”, “Shen Ke Tuo 7” and “Ming Yuan 6”.
- Signals: During the operation, apart from the large number of work lights at night, there is a red light set on the top of the derrick, a Morse (U) white-light lamp of 15 seconds (flash simultaneously) and a Morse (U) fog horn of 30 seconds set outboard of each spud leg of the platform.
Workboats should keep watch on Channel 16 and 67 round the clock; Passing vessels should strengthen lookout, pay attention to the movements of the workboats, contact voluntarily and pay attention to the avoidance for the safety matters.
- Announcement on 3d Seismic Acquisition Project in East Zone of Lingao District of Yinggehai Basin in Southeast of Hainan
BSHSHZ  No.1
China MSA 6 March 2020
- Work duration: 7 March 2020 – 31 October 2020, round-the-clock operation.
- Workboat: “Hai Yang Shi You 718”.
- Guard ships: “Yue Xia Yu Yun 28313”, “Yue Xia Yu Zhi 20013”, “Yue Xia Yu Zhi 20020” and “Yue Zhan Yu Ke 9”.
- Work mode: seismic data acquisition operation by way of towing method.
- Work site: waters bounded by the following 8 points in order:
- Passing vessels should strengthen lookout and avoid passing through the waters in a range of 6000m nearby the work site for the safety matters.
- Workboat should display lights and shapes as regulated.
- Workboat should keep watch on VHF16.
- It won’t be further notified if the operation is completed in advance.
- Announcement on Publishing Information Concerning Newly-added Water Areas in Tianjin Port for Pilots Boarding/Unboarding in 2020
JHT  No.11
China MSA 6 March 2020
In accordance with the Announcement of Ministry of Transport on Adjusting Water Areas for Pilots Boarding/Unboarding in 2020 (Circular No.6 issued by Ministry of Transport of PRC), Tianjin Port will add Dagang Boarding/Unboarding Area, Dagang No.1 Boarding Area, Dagang No.1 Unboarding Area and Central Fishing Port Boarding/Unboarding Area. Please see the Attachment 1 for details.
List of Newly-added Water Areas for Pilots Boarding/Unboarding in Tianjin Port in 2020
Please be advised that all the above navigation warnings were the important pieces selected from the official website of MSA China or that of other local MSAs. Sloma shall not be liable for the veracity of the above navigation warnings or the accuracy of their English translations. Neither shall Sloma be liable for any person’s/party’s possible losses/damage which may result from relying upon the above navigation warnings.
Sloma & Co.
24 March 2020
For further information, please click here.
Most read News
- Status of Maritime Conventions (as of 1 April 2020)
- Measures to assure safe navigation during the peak season of drift-net fishing in the Seto Inland Sea (No.2)