Recent Navigation Warnings of China Waters No.87
We have obtained the recent navigation warnings of the China Waters issued by China MSA. Please see the following the free translations by the law firm in Shanghai, China, Sloma & Co.
- Announcement on the laying operation of the submarine cables of fibre optic hydrophone project off Coast of Lingshui
SYHSHZ (2019) No.41
China MSA 10 December 2019
- Work duration: 10 December 2019 – 30 April 2020, round-the-clock operation.
- Relevant vessel: Work boat “Feng Yang Hai Gong”.
- Work site: Water areas bounded by the following 7 points in order:
- Work content: Laying operation of the submarine cables of fibre optic hydrophone project off Coast of Lingshui
- During the operation, the workboat should exhibit shapes of “Ball-Diamond-Ball” vertically at day and display all-round lights of “Red-White-Red” vertically at night.
- Passing vessels should strengthen lookout, pay attention to the avoidance for the safety matters. The workboat contacts VHF16.
- It won’t be further notified if the operation is completed in advance.
- Announcement on the well exploration operation of Well BZ34-9-10
LHT (2019) No.378
China MSA 19 December 2019
- Work duration: 20 December 2019 – 30 January 2020.
- Work areas: Well drilling operation on Well BZ34-9-10 centered by 38°00′59″N/119°41′12″E, with a radius of 500 meters.
- Work boat: “Bo Hai No.9”, “Min Sheng 006”, “Sheng Feng No.2”, “Sheng Xin Fa” and “Tian Ze 806”.
- The workboats should display signals in accordance with Regulation on Signal Exhibition in Coastal Port, equip guard ships, strengthen lookout, keep watch on VHF, enhance the implementation of responsibility system of work safety and prepare for the bad weather.
- Passing vessels should contact the workboats in advance and pass-by slowly after avoidance measures are taken.
- Announcement on salvage operation on wreck of “Fu Zhong Yuan 008”
China MSA 18 December 2019
- Work duration: 19 December 2019 – 19 February 2020.
- Work area: water areas near south of Xiluo Island of Changle, centered by 25°43.74′N/119°38.47′E, with a radius of 800 meters.
- Work content: salvage operation on wreck of “Fu Zhong Yuan 008”.
- Work boat: “Lian He Zheng Li”, “Zheng Li 2200”, “Hai Gong 008”, “Zheng Li 6000” and “Lian He 196”.
- Coordinates: 2000 National Geodetic Coordinate System (equivalent to WGS-84 in navigational purpose)
- Passing vessels should strengthen contact with the workboats through effective communication mode such as VHF.
- Passing vessels should timely amend the sea chart to mark the work area.
- Passing vessels should ensure the seaworthiness of the vessels and competency of the crew members and strengthen duties.
- Navigating crew should use safe speed and sail cautiously.
- Emergency repair on submarine cables in sea areas due north of Huangxing Island
China MSA 16 December 2019
- Work duration: 18 December 2019 – 22 January 2020
- Work site: nearby sea area due north of Huangxing Island of Zhoushan sea area, i.e. waters centered by 30°14′47″N/122°37′29″E (2000 National Geodetic Coordinate System), with a radius of 300 meters.
- Workboat and work mode: “Jian Lan 1” will conduct repair operations on the submarine cables in the above water area. Workboat will drop horoscopes anchors at the bow and stern of the boat, each anchor chain is 200 meters in length. “Long Tao 1” will conduct supporting operation on site.
- Workboats should exhibit signals in accordance with Regulation on Signal Exhibition in Coastal Port and keep watch on VHF 16 during the operation.
- Irrelevant vessels are forbidden to enter the work site.
- “Bo Xiang Gong 9” and “Tong Heng Tuo 1” (contact with VHF 16) will perform security duties on site, any vessels sailing near the work area should obey the command of the on-site guard ships.
Please be advised that all the above navigation warnings were the important pieces selected from the official website of MSA China or that of other local MSAs. Sloma shall not be liable for the veracity of the above navigation warnings or the accuracy of their English translations. Neither shall Sloma be liable for any person’s/party’s possible losses/damage which may result from relying upon the above navigation warnings.
Sloma & Co.
24 December 2019