Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)－New prevention and control measures for ships entering China
We would like to announce the information on the new prevention and control measures for ships entering China.
According to our correspondents in China, Huatai Insurance Agency and Consultant Service Ltd., Chinese Ministry of Transport, General Administration of Customs and Ministry of Foreign Affairs jointly issued “Announcement of the Ministry of Transport No. 78/2020” on 24 September 2020. The Announcement was issued to strengthen the prevention and control measures for the COVID-19 so as to avoid the spread risk of COVID-19 by crews. The main points of the Announcement are as follows:
All oceangoing ships entering China, either
- change crew members at the last port or place before entering China; or
- change crew members during the last 14 days prior to its arrival at the port in China.
- The joining crew members are required to have a nucleic acid test for COVID-19 within 3 days before their boarding the ship and to board on the ship with a negative test result for COVID-19.
- The joining crew members are required to have a nucleic acid test for COVID-19 at institutions recognised by the overseas Chinese embassies or consulates, which you can check on each website.
- A copy of the document showing a nucleic acid test for COVID-19 issued by institutions recognised by the overseas Chinese embassies or consulates should be submitted at the first port of China.
For more information, please see the attached circular.
As the prevention and control measures for the COVID-19 is so fluid, we suggest for the members to obtain latest information from local agents.
For further information, please click here.
Most read News
- Recent Navigation Warnings of China Waters No.97
- US Oil Pollution California – Increased criminal penalties for oil spill related offences