Recent Navigation Warnings of China Waters No.82
We have obtained the recent navigation warnings of the China Waters issued by China MSA. Please see the following the free translations by the law firm in Shanghai, China, Sloma & Co.
※ Information about geographical coordinate system which is applied to the position of the work site on each article was not obtained.
- Fault Emergency Repair on S1S of the TPE Submarine Optical Fiber Cables in Changjiang Estuary
China MSA 15 July 2019
- Work duration: 20 July 2019 – 19 October 2019, day-night operation.
- Work site: water areas outside the section between Buoy “Qi Dong 9” and Buoy “Qi Dong 11” of north branch mouth of Changjiang Estuary, bounded by the following four points in order:
- Work mode: engineering ship “Feng Yang Hai Gong” (LOA: 57.6m, molded breadth: 22m) will detect the fault location, salvage and cut off the defective cable, splice, lay and repair the cable, bury and repair the cable along route of S1S of TPE submarine optical fiber cable in the work site. During the operation, “Feng Yang Hai Gong” will not drop anchors and will adopt dynamic positioning and her navigation speed is relatively slow.
- The engineering ship should exhibit regulated lights and shapes in obvious places day and night and keep AIS normally open.
- The engineering ship should strengthen lookout and watch on VHF16, improve the dynamic notification and take the initiative to contact the passing vessels. Security watch should be properly conducted by the guard ships.
- Vessels passing the work site should keep a safety distance with the engineering ship, sail cautiously and pay attention to the avoidance.
- The operation should be suspended when the force of wind is over the scale of 7 or the visibility is under 1nm.
- 3d Seismic Data Acquisition Operation of Submarine Cable in Block 19-3 of Penglai
China MSA 12 July 2019
- Work duration: 12 July 2019 – 31 December 2019.
- Work areas: water areas bounded by following seven points:
A: 38°30′04.00″N /120°04′14.42″E;
B: 38°30′03.58″N /120°06′07.22″E;
C: 38°22′22.58″N /120°16′09.85″E;
D: 38°20′16.75″N /120°13′27.46″E;
E: 38°18′32.22″N /120°15′45.26″E;
F: 38°12′50.53″N /120°08′28.14″E;
G: 38°22′57.35″N /119°55′10.12″E.
- Work boats: “Dong Fang Ming Zhu”, “Xin Run 8”, “Hai You Kan 1” and “Bin Hai 517”.
- Workboats should display signals as regulated, equip guard ships, strengthen lookout, keep watch on VHF, enhance the implementation of responsibility system of work safety and prepare for the bad weather.
- Passing vessels should contact the workboats in advance and pass-by slowly after avoidance measures are taken.
- Laying Operation of Second Loop of 110kV Submarine Cable of Guishan Offshore Wind Plant Demonstration Project in Zhuhai
China MSA 23 July 2019
- Work duration: 22 July 2019 – 30 September 2019.
- Work areas: water areas between the landing place of Sanjiao Island and landing place of Jida of Zhuhai, bounded by the following points within a range of 100m from both sides:
- Work mode: Shanghai Foundation Engineering Group Co., Ltd will use “Jian Ji 3001”, “Hai Gang Tuo 10” and “Zhong Nan 688” to conduct laying operation of the submarine cable in the above work site.
- The operation should be equipped with security and guard ship, the workboats should display lights and shapes as regulated.
- Vessels passing the worksite and the nearby water areas should strengthen lookout, sail cautiously, contact the workboats through VHF in advance and pass-by with a sufficient safe distance with the workboats for the safety matters.
- This Notice is available on the column of “Navigation Notice” on www.msa.gov.cn.
- Circular on Mariculture Area
China MSA 19 July 2019
All relevant units and vessels:
The Open Culture Project in north of Pingdao of Shandong Qun’Ao Ocean Exploitation Co., Ltd. has been approved by People’s Government of Rizhao, relevant culture equipment has been laid. In order to ensure the safety of vessel’s navigation and operation, in accordance with Maritime Traffic Safety Law of the People's Republic of China and Provisions of People’s Republic of China concerning Administration of Navigation Warning and Notice to Mariners, upon application by the company, we now hereby announce relevant issues as follows:
- Scope for use of sea area:
Seas area for Mariculture is bounded by following four points:
35°09′.33N / 119°56′.71″E;
35°10′.03N / 119°56′.54″E.
Navigating vessels should strengthen lookout, sail cautiously and avoid the above sea areas.
Please be advised that all the above navigation warnings were the important pieces selected from the official website of MSA China or that of other local MSAs. Sloma shall not be liable for the veracity of the above navigation warnings or the accuracy of their English translations. Neither shall Sloma be liable for any person’s/party’s possible losses/damage which may result from relying upon the above navigation warnings.
Sloma & Co.
26 July 2019